We like to put the small print -- the Terms and Conditions -- as simply as possible. And in Large Print:
1. The itinerary is subject to change at the sole discretion of Storyfest Journeys. Daily schedules are flexible, depending weather, available transportation, and many other issues.
2. No refunds will be given unless the place can be filled with another participant. Therefore, full and comprehensive travel insurance is strongly recommended. Storyfest Journeys does not provide travel insurance.
3. Storyfest Journeys shall not be liable for any failure in services or safety provided by the hotel, transportation companies, tour guides, admission sites, and other providers.
4. Participants must make all relevant medical issues and dietary requests known at the time of registration. There is no handicapped access at most sites, and there is no elevator (or lift) at the hotel for the rooms which are on the second and third floors above the ground floor. Some mild walking is required at some of the sites.
5. We are holding our costs to $3350, the same as last year. This includes our seven nights lodging (including breakfast and dinner*), all local transportation on Orkney (mini-bus and ferry), all admissions, storytelling performances, tours. This does not include travel to and from Orkney, taxi costs to the hotel for early arrivals or late departures, some lunches or snacks, all alcoholic beverages, nor passports or other travel fees, nor trip insurance. (*each dinner includes a generous £20 credit towards the a la carte menu. Extras go on your room tab.)
6. Payment to "Storyfest Journeys" is in US Dollars by check or money order. Payment by PayPal incurs a 3% service charge.
-- Robert Bela Wilhelm for Storyfest Journeys, the sponsor of this Orkney Storyfest.